Day 2 of the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge has us writing a list post, which is right up my alley!! I'm all about lists! I seriously have a list for almost everything. I live and breath for checklists.
8 Ways to Make Your Mornings Less Hectic
- Get your coffee ready the night before. A coffee maker with an auto start timer is priceless!! If your a tea drinker- set out your cup with teabag in place and fill your kettle.
- Know what your making for breakfast. Nothing eats up time in the a.m. like taking breakfast orders from a house full of people as if you were a diner waitress!
- Have the next day's lunches packed and ready to go.
- Lay out all clothes and accessories for the next day. Ironing first thing in the morning is a sure fire way to get your day off to a sucky start!! *Bonus Tip: Watch the weather for tomorrow. If rains in the forecast, take out the umbrellas and place by the door (or any other items you use for crazy weather days) so your not searching for it or forget it!!
- Go over your next day's To Do List with the family. Make sure everyone knows what's going on so there's no surprises!
- Have all totebags, backpacks, diaper bags, briefcases etc packed for the next day. Going to the gym? Clothes are already packed! Kid's going to the library after school? Library card's in there.
- Empty out your dishwasher before bed. Any dishes and utensils used for breakfast get loaded in and now when you come home your not greeted by a sink full of dishes.
- Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual. You might think that the 15 minutes is better spent sleeping but it can make all the difference when trying to get the whole family out the door. On time.
You can thank me tomorrow morning!